The district Amroha history (formerly called Jyotiba Phule Nagar) is created by the state government on 15 April 1997 with its headquarters in Amroha. The district is made up of the three previous tehsils of Moradabad district namely Amroha, Dhanaura, and Hasanpur. At present Amroha, Dhanaura, Hasanpur, and Naugaon Sadat 4 tehsils are included. From a historical point of view, the present area of the district is a part of the state of North Panchal country with its capital Ahichhatra, which is presently located in Bareilly district. During the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, Sambhal Governor Rustam Khan is said to have built a fort and forced traders and farmers to settle around it. King Amarajodh of the Bansi dynasty was founded in 474 BC. Was the ruler of Amroha.
In Tarikhi-Amroha, its author mentions that Amroha history was ruled by Rajputs between 676 and 1141. E. Behram Shah (1240–42) appointed Malikjaluddinato as the rule of Amita. In ancient times, the Panchal rulers, who dominated the region at the time, were overthrown by the Kauravas of Hastinapur, but later in the middle of the fourth century BC the entire Panchala region, including this district, was removed from the Nasir kingdom. . . . . And thus continued for a quarter of a century. The Mauryans ruled the region until the next century. After the fall of the Kushanas, the Nanda dynasty also occupied the region, but they were under the Samudra Guptas. The Gupta Empire dominated the region for the next two centuries, and then the district came under the rule of the Mukhari kings of Kannauj and then Harsha from 606 to 647 after the fall of the Gupta Empire. After the death of Harsha, like the entire northern region, this district also remained in a state of chaos and confusion for a long time, although, in later stages, the Tomar and clans of Garhwal also ruled the region. There was a state of confusion and anarchy following the defeat of the heroic King Prithvi Raj and later Jai Chandra at the hands of Shaheed-ud-Din Gauri. Eventually, other areas of Katihar, Barguzar, Gaur, Tomar, and Rajputs united for the sole purpose of combating the Muslim invasion and continued their efforts even after the Muslim outposts were established in some parts of the district.